does the service recognize Exchange 2010 servers for email sendout?

Aug 13, 2011 at 2:05 AM

Hi,

I have set this up on the only server in the network, (why it's running on the same server for which it will be monitoring services and tasks), and I'm curious if it accepts Exchange 2010 server names as input.  My email server is at the domain of Gordon.edu, so under the app settings, that's what I would put for the mail server name, right?  And what about for under the config.xml where it asks for email server?  (I need to check the actual name of the outgoing server on that).  Thanks.  I'm sure that this little program will become very handy for me in the future. 

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2011 at 8:42 PM

It was used against an Exchange 2008 Server in its current form. Unless things have changed drastically in 2010 the settings should work.

Aug 18, 2011 at 3:16 AM

Okay great. (now this is only set up like that because I’m not using my own email server yet). And please remind me. You can obtain your exchange server name via your account in Outlook, right? (Gordon College has the auto discover feature turned on, so we don’t have to do anything to set stuff up once we enter in our username and password). Thanks so much for the information though. It’s really helpful.

Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 3:42 PM
To: Katherine Moss
Subject: Re: does the service recognize Exchange 2010 servers for email sendout? [xmlservicemonitor:268930]

It was used against an Exchange 2008 Server in its current form. Unless things have changed drastically in 2010 the settings should work.